We accomplished a lot in the Spring 2017 semester. Let’s take stock:
- 2 Honors theses from Quentin Ullrich (chair: Prof. Parker) and Alexa Rosalsky (chair: Prof. Lunden)
- 2 new honors projects approved for the 2017-2018 academic year, from Jessica Campbell and Joshua Greenfield.
- We once again hosted the North American Computational Linguistics Olympiad (NACLO)
- Prof. Lunden gave 2 talks at the 2017 Linguistic Society of America (LSA) Annual meeting.
- Prof. Lunden published an article in Phonology, co-authored with W&M students Jessica Campbell and Mark Hutchins (along with Nick Kalivoda).
- Prof. Parker published 3 articles . One article appeared in Trends in Cognitive Science (co-authored with recent alumnus, Daniel Lantz) one in Journal of Memory and Language (co-authored with Colin Phillips), and one in an edited volume on Language Processing and Disorders (co-authored with Mike Shvartsman and Julie Van Dyke)
- Prof. Harrigan successfully connected with area schools to conduct acquisition research with W&M students.
- Prof. Parker gave 3 presentations (2 posters and 1 talk) at CUNY 2017
- A multidisciplinary team of faculty including Prof. Parker established the new Data Science Program at W&M, which students can pursue a degree in starting this Fall
- Prof. Parker obtained a Faculty Summer Research grant to support research in the lab this summer
- And we churned through a series of exciting lab meetings from students and faculty!
Whew! Certainly looking forward to Summer!